Selected parasols: Quattro parasols 2m x 2m (Fabric 7133 Natural)
Special thanks to The Modern Garden Company for winning the project and to Fox Linton Associates for specifying our parasols.
History of Coworth Park
Our royal connections go way back. In 1066, Edward the Confessor, the last Saxon king of England, gave the land on which the hotel now stands to Westminster Abbey. The land was later repossessed by William the Conqueror for the crown.
Coworth House was built in 1776 for William Shepheard, a prosperous East India merchant. The house took its name from the surrounding hamlet of Coworth.
In the 1800s, between 1810 and 1893, the house was owned by three successive generations of the aristocratic Arbuthnot family.
The Prince and Princess of Wales, the future Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, stayed at Coworth Park in 1879 and 1883 when they attended the races at nearby Ascot.
William Farmer, who served as Sheriff of London and High Sheriff of Berkshire, purchased the estate in 1883 and our two Farmers Cottages are named in his honour.
In 1899 Lord Stanley, who became the 17th Earl of Derby, bought the house and lived here for 50 years. He was one of the most influential men of the time and a keen horseman who won the Derby several times – the famous race is named after his ancestors. He was also the first person to introduce rhododendrons to the UK.
In the 1980s Galen Weston, owner of Selfridges and Fortnum & Mason, bought the estate. It was his idea to create a polo field and village area with stables to house the polo ponies and their groomsmen.
Following a complete restoration, Coworth Park opened as a Dorchester Collection hotel in September 2010.
This parasol with its handy pulley offers you the following benefits: The Quattro is a lightweight parasol for heavy use, with dimensions up to 3 x 3m square or 3 x 2m for the rectangular version. Provide shade or a watertight roof for up to 9 seats, under a single parasol …